AFCC Grants Program
Arts Foundation of Cape Cod Grant Guidelines Fall 2014
The AFCC Grant Program provides cash awards in support of the artistic and cultural activities of local organizations. Grant projects should support the broadest goals of the Arts Foundation in supporting the creative economy on Cape Cod and contributing to character and heritage of the region.
Preference is given to proposals that will enhance arts education of learners of all ages and economic development projects that contribute to the local creative economy.
These grant awards are not intended for general operating expenses. The Board of Directors will consider a limited number of awards up to $5,000, but because the AFCC is interested in supporting as many worthwhile endeavors as possible, grant size is generally limited to within a range of $500 to $2,500.
The grants program is administered by a Grants Review Committee, composed of members of the Board of Directors and members of the community at large. The Grants Review Committee meets twice a year to review proposals and make recommendations to the Board of Directors. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. The next deadline for submission is Wednesday, October 15, 2014. The Grants Review Committee considers the proposals during the month following the deadline.
The recommendations of the Committee will be presented to the Board of Directors at its next scheduled board meeting and distributed expeditiously thereafter. Do not apply for any project that falls within 6 weeks of the grant deadline. We can not fund projects that occur before the grant deadline or during the review process.
An entity will not be funded by the AFCC in consecutive grant cycles including serving as a fiscal agent for another project. Applicants may only submit one proposal per cycle - multiple proposals from the same organization in the same cycle will not be accepted. Grants from the AFCC for capital expenditures are rare and requests for this type of support must demonstrate significant need and impact to the greater community. Grant recipients may not apply for additional grants in the cycle following the cycle in which they received their award.
The grants program is administered by a Grants Review Committee, composed of members of the Board of Directors and members of the community at large. The Grants Review Committee reviews proposals and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors for their approval.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. The next deadline for submission is Wednesday, October 15, 2014. The Grants Review Committee considers the proposals during the month following the deadline.
Do not apply for any project that falls within 6 weeks of the grant deadline. We cannot fund projects that occur before the grant deadline or during the review process.
Applicants may only submit one proposal per cycle - multiple proposals from the same organization in the same cycle will not be accepted. Grants from the AFCC for capital expenditures are rare and requests for this type of support must demonstrate significant impact to the greater community. Except for AFCC Strategic Alliance Grant Recipients, a recipient may not apply for additional grants in the cycle following the cycle in which they received their award.
WHO MAY APPLY
The Arts Foundation of Cape Cod supports the arts and cultural activities of individuals, and nonprofit organizations and educational institutions.
- Appropriateness to the mission of the Arts Foundation of Cape Cod
- Potential benefit to the cultural environment, and Cape Cod citizens
- Addresses unmet needs or areas of concern which have not yet been explored
- Stabilizing effect for on-going programs of unique and demonstrated value to the community
- Demonstrated need for the funds of AFCC
- Preference is given to collaborative efforts that foster arts education, strengthen the creative economy and/or positively impact ‘at-risk’ youth.
- Clarity of goals and objectives of the proposed program
- Strength and creativity of plans for achieving objectives and evaluating results
- Strength of public outreach/publicity plans
- Track record of applicant organization, including staff qualifications
- Reasonable budget projections, evidence of financial need and other sources of support
- Potential for successful collaborative efforts and monetary or in-kind commitments from other sources
- Potential to stimulate activities of a continuing nature or to serve as a model for other efforts
All organizations or groups are required to provide proof of 501(c) (3) nonprofit status by the IRS. For individuals, the method of disbursement of funds will be negotiated on a case by case basis.
¬The Grant cycle is the fiscal year of October 1st through September 30th. All funds awarded should be expended and all projects completed, within this fiscal year. If circumstances arise making it impossible to complete the project, the grantee is required to notify AFCC in writing and secure express authorization to extend this deadline.
All grantees are required to submit a final report on or before September 30 documenting successful completion of the project, and fulfillment of all conditions. Future eligibility for funding will depend on the timely submission of the required final report.
RECOGNITION OF THE AFCC
Grant recipients are required to credit the Arts Foundation of Cape Cod in all publicity materials throughout the grant cycle according to specifications distributed to all grant recipients and to submit evidence of compliance with this condition in the Final Report.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover sheet in the format provided and a narrative proposal which includes the information specifically set forth below along with the attachments requested. The AFCC will also accept the AGM Common Proposal Format, if used by your organization. Please be focused and concise in your narrative; think strategically about how to present your project. Your proposal should not exceed two typewritten pages, excluding the attachments. The Committee may request additional information or clarification before making a recommendation. Please provide one (1) original, with required attachments, and sixteen (16) copies of the cover sheet, narrative proposal and line item project budget only.
The Proposal - For Organizations or Programs
- Profile of your organization/program (Clearly explain who you are, and how you are positioned in the community);
· General background on your organization
· Mission of organization
· A brief description of programs and populations served
· Total number of paid staff (both full and part-time), and total number of volunteers regularly giving time to accomplish your programming and operations (exclusive of Board Members)
- Profile of your request (this is the most important part of the proposal):
· Please indicate the specific amount of funding requested and how it will be spent
· Describe the project for which you are seeking funds. Be sure to tell your story: don't assume that the Committee knows about you
· Explain why this project is important to your organization and the community
· Indicate how you will inform the community about this project
· If matching or on-going funding is needed, indicate plans for securing such support
3. Line item budget for proposed project; clearly present expenses and sources of project income
4. COVER SHEET including the following information formatted in the specified order:
1. NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, FAX NUMBER, E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR APPLICANT
2. NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION FOR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
3. NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION FOR GRANT COORDINATOR OR PERSON IDENTIFIED AS CONTACT FOR GRANT APPLICATION
4. BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT FOR WHICH FUNDING IS SOUGHT
5. TOTAL ORGANIZATION BUDGET
6. TOTAL PROJECT BUDGET
7. AMOUNT REQUESTED FROM AFCC
· List of Board of Directors or Advisory Committee and their professional or civic affiliations
· Financial information of organization including a copy of the most recent annual operating budget
· Letter from collaborating agencies, if appropriate
Your proposal should not exceed two typewritten pages, excluding the attachments. Please provide one (1) original, with required attachments, and sixteen (16) copies of the cover sheet, narrative proposal and line item project budget only.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE SUBMITTED TO THE GRANTS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Applications must be received by October 15, 2014 (this is not a postmark deadline). Applications may be mailed to the Arts Foundation of Cape Cod, 3 Patti Page Way, Centerville, MA 02632, or delivered to the office and handed to a member of the AFCC staff by 5:00 PM. We are located in the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce complex at the junction of Routes 6 and 132; the entrance is on Shootflying Hill Road and the Arts Foundation Offices are located in the rear of the complex). Do NOT leave proposals with the Cape Cod Chamber Tourist Welcome Center.
WE CANNOT ACCEPT FAXED OR E-MAILED PROPOSALS.
Below are final report forms, in PDF and Word formats, for those who have received a grant in the past fiscal year and need to complete the final paperwork. Final reports for grants received in Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 are due on September 30, 2014